Monday, 18 August 2014

Fudge in the slow cooker

So for the past week or so the slow cooker groups have been all about the fudge. 
Now I love fudge but I have never made it before so I was all over this and on Saturday I set to work with my little helper to make milk chocolate fudge.
400g of chocolate(I used value bars at 30p each)
1 tin condensed milk(397g)
100g icing sugar
Rainbow sprinkles

Break up your chocolate and put into the slow cooker along with the tin of condensed milk. Melt on low, making sure to stir regularly(I did it about every 5 to 10 minutes). After about an hour add the icing sugar and stir well. 
Pour into a suitable dish(I used a loaf tin) lined with greaseproof paper and decorate with your sprinkles. 
Leave to cool before popping into the fridge to set. 

Mine took about 3 hours to set at which point I cut it and popped back into  the fridge. I found the longer it was in the fridge the more fudge like it became. 

I am going to experiment with flavours and additions to this recipe, perfect for Christmas gifts! 

8 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love fudge.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely, so naughty though!

      Delete
  2. Would have never thought of doing anything like this in the slow cooker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought they were just for casseroles but you can do loads in them x

      Delete
  3. Wow, that looks delicious! I'm thinking about getting a slow cooker, you might have just persuaded me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh you must, they are good for so many things x

      Delete

Thank you for reading :)
I love comments!